There can be a significant amount of information to examine when carrying out root cause analysis. Frequently, historical data will need to be examined. Examining trends in data can be highly beneficial.
Benefits of trend analysis
Benefits of trend analysis include:
- Identifying the
- frequency of an issue
- severity of an issue, which causes do the most harm?
- persistent management deficiencies / misallocated management resources
- unique, previously unrecognised, or improperly defined issues
- investigation weaknesses
- Flags sudden changes in performance (positive and negative)
- Provides correlation of changes in performance to incidents producing such changes
- Facilitates performance status and projections